Sunday, December 11, 2011

Cloud Nothings with Steve Albini


This new track from Cleveland's Cloud Nothings is off of their upcoming album which was recorded near my old flat in Chicago with (personal music hero) Steve Albini. MY GOD. Hearing about this collaboration makes me excessively giddy. Both parties have given me a lot of great memories. One of the best concerts I saw last year was the Cloud Nothings show at an old DIY music dive called Ronny's. It was one of the last shows at Ronny's before the cops came and busted the place for not having a liquor or music licence. But ever since that concert, I've been totally hooked on Cloud Nothings. And Steve Albini recording their new album... shit... you can't get anyone better. Albini is, of course, one of the fathers of noise-rock and has recorded albums by the Pixies and Nirvana to name a few at his little studio in Logan Square.  This is gonna be killer.



No comments:

Post a Comment