Tuesday, November 22, 2011

U.S. Girls



U.S. Girls has a new album. Just saw the reviews today. I remember getting into a Yellow Swans concert too early (maybe about four years ago now!) at the Fulton Art Collective back in Chicago and seeing U.S. Girls for the first time. Her live set blew me away. At that time her stuff was much more abrasive. I went up to one of the members of Yellow Swans after the show and asked where U.S. Girls was cause I wanted to buy some of her music. Apparently she only had one copy of her music at the time burned onto a CD and I made her go back to her car and get the album for me. Now she's scoring 7.9's on P4K. Funny world. Anyway, her music is great. Sounds like... I don't know... taking the Supremes and sending them to hell.

Her older stuff was more primitive and disturbing. Like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment